• The aiming and the game sense are both limited. • Silvers are often new to the game. • Don’t focus on becoming a better player. • Just play for fun. • Often can’t get better.
• Train a lot with your favorite weapons. • Improve your aiming, play aim maps. • Understand tactical gameplay. • Just play more matchmaking 5vs5 to get better.
• Basic knowledge about CS:GO and a good game sense. • They have improved their aiming, but need to reach a constant performance level. • Novas try to follow basic strategies.
• Train your aiming to reach a constant level. • Play more matchmaking 5vs5 and focus on winning. • Try to understand what you could make better.
MG’s and DMG’s
• MG’s and DMG’s got a great aiming. • They are coordinated and are able to play well in teams. • This user group already reached a lot and wants to climb higher. • The usage of tactical grenades is good.
• Train massive amounts of aim maps, to reach the next step. • Join a team and play clan wars. • Instead of following basic strategies, try to use your own concepts.
Eagles and Supremes
• Outstanding aiming skills at a constant level. • Perfect tactical understanding. • First tries of using mindgames. • Perfect usage of tactical grenades.
• Try to improve your concentration even more. • Focus on your personal improvement, find your strengthens and weaknesses. • Do any effort to reach Global for the first time.
• Flawless aiming skills. • Ability to concentrate when it’s required. • Knowing the game in and out. • Focusing on what is important.
• Just aiming is not enough anymore. • Focus an min-maxing and game-sense. • Do mind games and win through small movement decisions. • Try to predict your opponent.
What are the CS:GO Ranks?
In CS:GO there are 18 skill ranks in total, here is a complete list of all ranks:
Silver I (S1)
Silver 2 (S2)
Silver 3 (S3)
Silver 4 (S4)
Silver Elite (SE)
Silver Elite Master (SEM)
Gold Nova 1 (GN1)
Gold Nova 2 (GN2)
Gold Nova 3 (GN3)
Gold Nova Master (GNM/GN4)
Master Guardian 1 (MG/MG1)
Master Guardian 2 (MG2)
Master Guardian Elite (MGE)
Distinguished Master Guardian(DMG)
Legendary Eagle (LE)
Legendary Eagle Master (LEM)
Supreme Master First Class (SMFC)
Global Elite (GE)
How to get a Rank in CS:GO?
If you start with a new account, you need to reach level two (Valve is changing this from time to time). To level up fast you can play the basic CS:GO modes: Casual, Deathmatch, Demolition or Arms Race. At the time you have reached level two on your CS:GO account, you are able to start your ranked matchmaking career.
How you can get your first CS:GO rank: To get your first CS:GO rank you have to win 10 ranked games in the matchmaking mode. In these games at the start, there is a huge gap between skill levels, but after a few games Valve will define your skill tier and the balance is getting better.
After you’ve played 10 games the CS:GO Matchmaking elo system assigns the suitable CS:GO rank. Info: Valve defined a maximum of 2 wins per day, this means you need at least 5 days to reach the 10 wins and get a skill group.
How do the CS:GO ranks work?
To play Counterstrike CS:GO on a competitive level, it’s essential that every player gets caluclated to determine his skill level.The skill level in CS:GO is called rank or elo rank (Elo stands for Elo rating system and was originally invented to calculate the skill of chess players).
CS:GO ranks are necessary to play fair games with equal teams: If you play a competitive match, both teams should be on the same level to allow a great game experience.
Your performance inside the game will be rewarded with a derank, uprank or you will stay on the same level.
Playing a good match in these balanced games, making kills, and finally winning the game, leads to a higher CS:GO rank! In total, 18 CS:GO Ranks exist, which are defined in 3 rows, which are called “skill groups” or “tiers”.
Where can I see my CS:GO rank?
You can find the CS:GO ranks icon, in the Global Offensive menu right under your name! Here is a screenshot of the CS:GO profile.
The new CS:GO profile rank: In the new profile beside the normal rank, you can also see the Danger Zone rankings.
Where can I see the CS:GO rank of other players?
In the ranked matches you can only see the CS:GO ranks of your friends and teammates by default. Just at the end, when a team has finally won, the ranks of all players appear at the same time. To find the rank for your friends, just click on their CS:GO profile and you will see their actual standing.
What is the Average Rank in CS:GO?
The average rank of all CS:GO playes is the Gold Nova 2 rank. The distribution of all CS:GO ranks can be seen in the following infographic, that I have created for you: As you can see, there is a huge player base in the upper Silver and all Nova ranks. The higher the rank the lower is the percentage of players.
How Many Players are Silver in CS:GO?
About 32% of all CS:GO players have a silver rank. To give your more beautiful data here are some CS:GO facts:
The biggest part is the middle group in CS:GO: 35% of all players have a Nova rank. If you are an upper Nova, you are already better than average! This means about 66% are ranked in Silver & Nova, only 33% are higher!
A quite big part of 20% are skilled players who are ranked as MGs and DMGs.
Only 13% of all players are Legendary Eagle or higher! This is a really small amount.
Finally less than 1% are ranked as Global Elite! This shows how hard it is to reach Supreme & Global Elite!
How to Rank Up in CS:GO?
Well, here is the best tip to rank up fast in CS:GO: Just win more than you lose! This will have the main impact on your ranking results! 😉 But let’s check this in detail: Tons of factors can affect the CS:GO rank! These factors are kills, deaths, the kda, assists, won rounds, mvp stars, and many more!
But which factors are the most important?
I wrote a complete guide about to how rank up in CS:GO, which you can find here: