On this page you can find all CS:GO kill Rewards for each weapon and how to make the most out of the CS:GO Economy.
How much Money do you get in CS:GO for a Pistol Kill?
In CS:GO for a pistol kill you get rewarded with $300 in-game money, only the CZ75-Auto gives just $100.
How much Money do you get in CS:GO for a Heavy Weapon Kill?
For a kill with a heavy weapon like a shotgun you get a high reward of about $300-900.
How much Money do you get in CS:GO for a SMG Weapon Kill?
For a kill with an SMG in CS:GO you get $300-600.
How much Money do you get in CS:GO for a Rifle Weapon Kill?
For a kill with a rifle gun in CS:GO you get rewarded with $300, for an AWP kill with only $100.
How much Money do you get in CS:GO for a Grenade Kill?
|High Explosive Grenade||$300|
How much Money do you get in CS:GO for a Knife Kill?
A knife kill is the most rewarded kill in CS:GO, you get $1500.
How much Money do you get in CS:GO for Winning and Losing Rounds?
If you win a round in CS:GO, each player of the team gets $3250 by default. If you lose a round you get $1400-3400 dependend on the round number. A bomb defuse or explode gives more money for the winner team.
|Kill all enemies||$3250|
|Timer runs out (CT)||$3250|
|Defuse the bomb||$3500|
|Lose 1st round||$1400|
|Lose second round (in a row)||1900|
|Lose third round (in a row)||$2400|
|Lose fourth round (in a row)||$2900|
|Lose fifth round (in a row)||$3400|
|Lose but get the bomb planted (T)||$900|
How does the Economy
Works in CS:GO?
The CS:GO the economy works as an extra system while playing, for each action players get rewarded with in-game money. While the main objectives are won rounds and eliminated opponents, each decision can cause different rewards for players. A won round can give a player at least $3250, but can also give him up to $1100.
Learning to use the weapons smartly, keeping in mind the cash reward you will get is tactical and takes your gameplay onto the next level. On this image you can see the CS:GO rewards summarized for the Terrorist and Anti-Terrorist side:
What is an Eco Round in CS:GO?
An eco round in CS:GO is a round in which all players of the team save their money, without spending anything or only buy grenades. It is a tactical team maneuver to bundle the power by unleashing the full potential in the following round with more money.
Like that a medium-weak (smg) round gets sacrified as a super-weak pistol round, to get a strong round (rifles with armor and grenades) in the next round.
Tip: The team that loses the first round often does an eco round, because the round reward is only $1400.
What is a Force-Buy in CS:GO?
A force-buy in CS:GO is around where the losing team does not have enough cash and tends to make an eco round, but needs to break the enemy right now. A force-buy is a decision, that tries to hit enemies unexpectedly. When the opponents expect an eco round, force-buys can be extremely effective. Forcebuys can be done together: One player buys a kevlar and another a strong weapon and the player with the armor gets the weapon.
What is a Full-Buy?
A full-buy in CS:GO is a round where the whole team buys and everyone is spending an amount that gives him great equipment. This is important to show dominance.
Basics of the CS GO Economy:
- Every player in CS:GO starts with $800 in the first round.
- A won or lost rounds determine the cash for the whole team the most.
- Learning the CS:GO money reward rules is crucial to increase your CS:GO rank and can be a massive factor to increase your Elo tactically.
- Every weapon class has it’s own kill reward amount, cheap and cheesy weapons have a higher cash reward.
- As you can see in the table above, in a losing streak, a team gets more money each round. BUT the first round that you lose is extremely low, this means whenever you lose a round after a won round, the whole team needs to make an eco probably.
- Saving a weapon as a terrorist is dangerous, and this is something many players do wrong: If you are a T and the timer rounds out without planting the bomb, the team gets $0 for that round. Only an AWP could legitimate this.
- It is extremely remarkable to play for the timer as a CT: When the timer rounds out you win easily AND the team gets the same amount of cash.
CS:GO Economy Guide:
Tips and Tricks
The CS:GO Money system is a great thing: It is easy to understand but only a low amount of players read an article like this, which gives you an advantage. Keeping these values and tricks in mind and having more money on the bank, will lead to a better CS GO rank on the long term, without having more skill in CS:GO at all. To manage the finances gives you control and a more concious and reliable playstyle.
- As a CT player smoke grenades are a strong element to win rounds: With a smoke grenade you can block an entire area for more than 20 seconds. Time is money as a CT and if you can steal the enemy 20-30 seconds with this you made a big step to win this round!
- In most cases it is the smartest way to just save money until you get your best weapon.
This also depends on your player role inside the team.
- Always buy a kevlar with a helmet if you won the first round. This is your main advantage in a skirmish.
- If the enemy team invests into strong rifles like AK’s, M4’s or AWP’s the helmet is not useful and you better get some extra grenades to counter them tactically and avoid the basic 1:1 situations.
- The P90 is a great counter against strong rifle players and early pushes.
- One AWP is enough for the whole team, there is no reason for a second AWP if there is no huge advantage.
- In an eco round sometimes only one player has a nice weapon, the other players should follow him and take his weapon and make an advantage out of his spend money.
- Drop weapons: Give other players weapons to support them. Be the one who always has money, when the others are wasting it for auto snipers or unnecessary death counts. Like this, you can increase your CS GO rank as well.
- Have an eye on your money, even when winning: You do not have to buy a new kevlar if it has still 80 or 90! 😉
CS:GO Economy Pistol Round Tips:
- Everyone one knows it and it is putting much pressure on to the first round: The first round in CS:GO is extremely important to win , a won first-round can lead to huge control and tactical lead of all of the subsequent rounds. Some guys even say who wins the first round, wins the whole match! 😀 But that doesn’t have to be the case.
- Two or three out of five CT players should always by a defuse kit. The rest of the team should buy a Kevlar and grenades. Different pistols should only be bought if a player as an extreme skill difference with a specific pistol. The normal starting pistol is great to kill enemies in a short or middle range and it is easy to make headshots if the enemy has no helmet, which is the case in the first round.
- DON’T buy a Desert Eagle for style reasons in the first round!!! (style police) 😀 You can do that later if you have a winning spree.
- Talk with the team: The players with the Kevlar should always go first in the pistol round. Having a kevlar in the first round and playing vs player without a Kevlar is an extreme advantage.
- The players with the grenades should stay in the second row and stay calm, don’t rush without a kevlar.
CS:GO Economy Eco Round Tips:
- Simple rule: If you are CT and you lost the first round, then it is a good idea to buy armor, grenades, or a Mag. Why? The economy of the enemy team is weak too, they will buy SMGs or if they are stupid, they will buy an AK-47. You have nothing to lose, you will Eco anyway next round (and if you lose the second round you can still make a full eco). The counter-buy gives you the power to break through the enemy team.
- As a T this is not the case: Two full Ecos are smarter to release the full power in the fourth round together. If your team reached a bomb plant in the meantime (but the round is still lost) a counter-buy is possible in the next round.
- An eco round is a bad initial position, but if you kill someone with a pistol, you can take his weapon, making a kill with a shotgun or grenade can give you extra money for later rounds.
- Stay positive, even after a lost first round, it is important to concentrate and release the full power as a team. Give 150% and don’t get overwhelmed by a winning-team spree that just overruns a losing team. Break this – stick to your skill, stay calm and play tactical.
- If you play against an ECO round, the best way is to eliminate the enemy players one by one. Avoid spaces where you can get surprised by the whole enemy team, avoid open spaces, always give teammates coverage.
- Always check every corner, people love to camp in the eco round!